Pages

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Battle of the Cleansers!

I like to take good care of my face. I'm not naturally prone to spots but I do love a cheeky sweet binge and there aren't many days when I leave the house without a full face of make-up so if I didn't have a proper cleansing routine my face would definitely hate me!!

Here are the current bunch of cleansers I've got on rotation (sorry about rubbish pic quality):


L-R: No. 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Balm, B. Pure Micellar Water, Good Things Deep Pore Anti Blemish Lotion, No. 7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser, No. 7 Soft and Soothed Gentle Cleanser, No. 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Lotion,  Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean 3-in-1 Wash off Deep Purifying Cleanser, Botanics All Bright Cleansing Foam Wash, Good Things Stay Clear Purifying Cleanser


Hands up who loves No. 7 vouchers? Ha!

All these cleansers essentially do the same thing (i.e. getting crap off yo face!) but trials and tests of them all have definitely highlighted the best ones! I'm lazy, so cleansers that don't require me walking to a tap really appeal to me, but I've found that the No. 7 cleansing balms and lotions are bad news if you plan on not using hot water or a toner to take off excess lotion - I tend to always be left with a face full of grease and specks of excess makeup (nice).

For this reason, liquidy cleansers and micellars are right up my street! The B. Pure cleansing water is a quick option and also claims to tone skin, but is hard to get onto a cotton pad and has left my face feeling tight and dry afterwards. The Good Things 'Deep Blemish' Lotion, however, is my absolute fave - it also tones skin which is perfect for quick cleanses when I can't be bothered to do more than one step, it smells divine, and isn't drying or hard to apply.

Soap & Glory 'Peaches and Cream' genuinely smells like peaches which is obviously lush, but using this isn't the quickest of processes... I always have to be quite rigorous with the muslin cloth to actually get all my make-up off with this one!!

The two cleansers on the far right (Botanics and Good Things) are what I generally use for morning cleansing. These both do the job well but could be drying if I didn't always moisturise like hell afterwards!


I don't like to have favourites, but the obvious winner here is definitely the Good Things Deep Pore Anti Blemish Lotion, which just ticks all the boxes that a cleanser can tick. You can get these from big Boots and Tescos, and I can assure you that buying this beauty will enhance your life.

That's all for now :) thanks for reading!! XX



1 comment:

  1. Wow what a lovely set of cleansers. I'll definitely be trying a couple of these out.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete